AUSTRALIAN SUB CLASS 489
Skilled regional (provisional) visa: This visa allows skilled workers to live and work in regional or low population growth metropolitan areas of Australia for upto 4 years.
There are three pathways to the visa:
- 1. Extended Stay pathway
- 2. Invited pathway
- 3. Subsequent Entry pathway
Eligibility: You must-
- Hold an extended stay pathway
- Be nominated by a state or territory government agency or be sponsored by an eligible relative (invited pathway)
- Have a relevant occupation
- Have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- Meet the point test pass marks of 60 points
- Under 45 years of age
- Have competent English
Length of stay: Upto 4 years.